Tattoo Aftercare –
Whenever you get a new Tattoo, First thing comes How to Take care of your new Tattoo?
How you can take good care of it? Your Tattoo artist is no more responsible for any problem or infection if you don’t keep your tattoo safe or you don’t take care of it. So What factors come under How to take care of your new Tattoo?
So following few guidelines would help you a lot to keep your tattoo safe. A stunning tattoo can also be turned into a disaster if you don’t follow these steps. There are very few points that come under this article But this will help you keep your beautiful tattoo beautiful forever. If you have any other Questions in mind See our Frequently asked questions about Tattoos.
Steps to Take care of your tattoo
- Leave That Bandage Alone!
Your artist has taken good care of your tattoo by covering it immediately. This is because of the air-born bacteria. Your beautiful looking tattoo is still a wound that can be infected by bacteria.
So let it be covered for at least 2 hours.
We understand that getting a new tattoo would create excitement and you want to show it to your friends. But your friends need to wait for a little longer.
- Wash and TreatAfter you remove the Bandage, Its time to wash it now. The lukewarm water and the leather of the soap are recommended. Don’t use the soap directly on the tattoo. Keep on washing it at-least for 2 minutes. It will clean the blood, plasma and ointment from the tattoo. Then Pat the tattoo gently with a CLEAN towel to make it completely dry.
NOTE-*** Don’t use Neosporin. It’s good for cuts and scrapes but it’s not made for tattoos***
- Specialty Products and Lotionsyou want you can choose Special products that are made for tattoos only like Tattoo Wax, Tattoo Goo. It’s not compulsory but it’s your choice.
Use the product for at least 7 days. After that keep your tattoo clean, Don’t rub it and keep the use of lotion when needed.
- Bathing, Showering, Hot Tubs, and SwimmingThat’s perfectly okay to take a shower with a new tattoo. But just avoid soaking it. and if there is soap or shampoo on your tattoo, wash it with water quickly. Don’t rub it with a towel. just do a pat dry. Swimming should be avoided for at least 2 to 3 weeks.
- Scabbing and PeelingAfter a few days you will see some peeling and scabbing on the tattoo. But it is normal. no need to be panic. keep applying the tattoo wax or the ointment on the tattoo and it’ll come off eventually on their own.
Apply the warm moist on the scabs 2 to 3 times in a day for 5 minutes.
Important things to notice *** Don’t do itching, Don’t Scratch.
If it’s peeling, Apply lotion on it. And if its scabbing, then your tattoo is almost healed. Leave it alone.
- Protection from the sun your tattoo is healed, Now it’s the time to protect is from the sun’s heat or Ultraviolet rays.
It can fade your beautiful tattoo very quickly. Before you spend a long time in the heat, Protect the tattoo with 30SPF sunblock. And you see your tattoo will remain the same for many years.